Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Communications Officer reporting to UNICEF Program Coordinator is expected to ensure the quality of the project implementation through robust monitoring and evaluation, to oversee and ensure effective communication and relationships of JeCCDO with Development Partners, Government and other Stakeholders.
In terms of professional competence, he/she is expected to be a person with high level of education, experience and exposure in managing projects, monitoring, and evaluation and communication matters. He/she is expected to have knowledge in children’s issues and community development interventions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work closely with Volunteers, Program Facilitators, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Sub-city and Woreda level Government Offices, Social Workers and Project targeted Clients.
- Initiate and cultivate new relationships with external Stakeholders in order to build strong external partner support needed to facilitate implementation and completion of the project.
- Ensure the development and application of common standards, tools and practices for project planning, implementation, monitoring, learning and reporting.
- Identify good practices, success stories and lessons learnt from project implementation and thus document, publish and disseminate to users and work closely with the Program Coordinator and the other team members.
- Develop outreach campaign communications materials and activities such as brochure, toolkits, posters, leaflets
- Engage with national and local level media outlets (newspaper, radio and television) to conduct outreach communications.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, publications, different articles, leaflets and other online and offline communication materials.
- Travel to different operational areas of the organization and prepare a success story as well as monitoring reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications: M.A/M.Sc. or B.A/B.Sc. Degree in Project Planning, Social Science,Journalism, Communications and other relevant fields of study.
Experience: 7 years for M.A/M.Sc., 9 years for B.A/B.Sc. in Monitoring & Evaluation and Communications, with an experience and good understanding of the Integrated Safety Net Program Framework.
- Report writing skill; work experience in related/similar position in NGOs is preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including publisher; and skill in operating relevant office and communication equipment.
- Data management, interpretation and analysis skills; attention to detail; expertise in SPSS is an advantage.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines; and
- Fluent in English and Amharic. In addition, ability to communicate in other local languages (as an asset).
Diligent, tactful, willingness to learn and take initiatives, analytical, conceptual thinking, contextual awareness, team oriented.
Place of work: JeCCDO Head Office, Addis Ababa
Terms of employment: On a contract basis for one year with possible extrusion based on performance
No. required: One
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 7(seven) working days from the date of this announcement.
Applicants who fulfill the above requirements can send their non-returnable applications with detailed CV, credentials, and other supporting documents as well as their contact address through Post Address or submit in person to:
Jerusalem Children and Community Development Organization (JeCCDO)
Head Office P. O. Box 41742, Addis Ababa.
Applicants can also submit their applications in person to JeCCDO Head Office in Addis Ababa which is located from Megenagna on the way to CMC at Gurd Sholla, around St. Sahlite Miheret Church adjacent to the Ethiopian Athletics Federation building, in Ten Sisters NGOs building 2nd Floor, Tel. 0116-675400, 0116-675364, 0911-241858.
Applications via e-mail will not be considered.
N.B As a child-focused organization, JeCCDO pays due attention to safeguarding of children, youths, women, and other vulnerable groups issues in its staff recruitment procedures and practices.